LET'S BUILD OUR TRAIL
GET INVOLVED BY
The Wasson Way and MKSK will be hosting a community open house to share a sneak peak of the trail design and hear YOUR feedback.
Tuesday, November 15th from 6-8 p.m.
Clark Montessori on Erie Avenue
This initial trail design will:
- Recommend a type of trail surface
- Locate trail heads and parking
- Identify opportunities for public access
- Identify community connections to nearby recreation areas and other community destinations
- Depict the overall character of the trail
The City of Cincinnati now owns 4.1 miles of right-of-way needed to build the Wasson Way Trail! The City’s purchase of the land from Norfolk-Southern was finalized in September 2016. This is a huge and critical milestone!
So, what’s next?
- Removing the tracks. The old railroad tracks will be removed making way for the trail.
- The urban design firm, MKSK, is formally kicking off the trail design, assessing the purchased part of our future trail. Once that is complete, design for the first section of the trail (Tamarck Avenue to Madison Road) will begin.
Come celebrate the kick-off of the Wasson Way trail and meet members of the team that will bedesigning the trail and share your ideas! Members of the design team and City of Cincinnati leaders will also provide a project update.
Monday, July 18 th 5:30-7:30 p.m. (Remarks at 6:00 p.m.)
Listermann Brewing Company, 1621 Dana Avenue
Food will be available from Renegade Street Eats
$1 for every pint sold will be donated to the Wasson Way