LET'S BUILD OUR TRAIL
GET INVOLVED BY
Design of phase 1 is now complete and a PDF of the design can be downloaded here.
Learn more by visiting our Maps & Timeline page.
The Wasson Way and MKSK will be hosting a community open house to share a sneak peak of the trail design and hear YOUR feedback.
Tuesday, November 15th from 6-8 p.m.
Clark Montessori on Erie Avenue
This initial trail design will:
- Recommend a type of trail surface
- Locate trail heads and parking
- Identify opportunities for public access
- Identify community connections to nearby recreation areas and other community destinations
- Depict the overall character of the trail
The City of Cincinnati now owns 4.1 miles of right-of-way needed to build the Wasson Way Trail! The City’s purchase of the land from Norfolk-Southern was finalized in September 2016. This is a huge and critical milestone!
So, what’s next?
- Removing the tracks. The old railroad tracks will be removed making way for the trail.
- The urban design firm, MKSK, is formally kicking off the trail design, assessing the purchased part of our future trail. Once that is complete, design for the first section of the trail (Tamarck Avenue to Madison Road) will begin.